The Mid-Cities Genealogical Society was organized in June, 1978, and currently has approximately 60 members, primarily from the communities of Hurst, Bedford, Euless and Irving, Texas. We are a non-profit, tax-exempt corporation and a member of the Texas State Genealogical Society and the National Genealogical Society.
We are now meeting in person! Please join us on the third Monday of each month at 2pm at the Bedford Public Library (2424 Forest Ridge Dr., Bedford, Texas). For information about joining, please see our Join Us page. Visitor's welcome!
Benefits of Membership:
In addition to our monthly meetings we conduct group research trips to local archives and libraries, one day seminars and occasional public help sessions. Members receive our monthly newsletter, access to handouts from our speakers, genealogical forms and reference sheets, links to instructional videos, and the ability to post to our surname research page.
Scroll down this page to review our participation in the Kroger Community Rewards, Amazon Smile & Tom Thumb Good Neighbor programs.
Although the FamilySearch Web site might provide basic information from a document, frequently the original document contains more information. To use the Lookup service, use the online request form
to request a copy of the image of the original document.
Requests may take a few weeks to process, depending on the volume of requests being handled at a given time. Click here for more info.
Genealogical Conferences in 2022. Thomas MacEntee of GenealogyBargains.com
has made available over two dozen free easy-to-use "cheat sheets"
covering wide variety of genealogical topics. He says: "Please SHARE these two-sided cheat sheets with your genealogy friends and fellow genealogy society members!"
Many of the conferences were virtual again last year (2021). Here are some of the schedules for this year. The conferences, when virtual, are a great opportunity to attend without having to leave home.
- Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy will next be held January 9-14, 2022. https://slig.ugagenealogy.org/index.php
- Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh (GRIP) Institute dates for 2022 will be: June 19-24, 2022 and July 10-15, 2022. To signup for email notifications go to www.gripitt.org/future-courses
- RootsTech is held every year. The next institute will be March 3-5 in 2022. It will be a FREE virtual conference.
Blaine Bettinger's YouTube Channel.
Covers DNA topics
including the latest tools released by Ancestry and MyHeritage.
Kroger Community Rewards, Amazon Smile & Tom Thumb Good Neighbor Programs
Linking your Kroger Plus Card to the Mid-Cities Genealogical Society is a painless way that you can provide a financial benefit of a percentage of your purchases at Kroger stores to the Mid-Cities Genealogical Society.
NOTE: We also participate in the Tom Thumb Good Neighbor Program (Complete the form and enter MCGS as Charity #8617) and Amazon Smile (On your first visit to Amazon Smile specify Mid-Cities Genealogical Society as a charitable organization to receive donations from eligible purchases before you begin shopping. They will remember your selection, and then every subsequent eligible purchase you make at Amazon Smile will result in a donation.)
Mid-Cities Genealogical Society
members can enroll their Kroger Plus Card online at: www.krogercommunityrewards.com
. Every time an enrolled participant shops at Kroger using his or her Kroger Plus Card, the Mid-Cities Genealogical Society
will begin accumulating credits.
To participate in this program, follow these instructions:
- Register online at www.krogercommunityrewards.com
- Customers must have a registered Kroger Plus card account to link to Mid-Cities Genealogical Society.
- If you don't have a Kroger Plus Card, they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger store.
- If you are a new online customer, click on the “Create An Account” button.
- You can sign up for a Kroger Community Rewards account by entering your zip code, clicking on your favorite store, entering your email address, creating a password, and agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- You will get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
Already have a Kroger.com account?
- Click on the “Sign In” button and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on “Edit Kroger Community Rewards” information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter the Mid-Cities Genealogical Society Organization Number (90414) and click on the Confirm button.
- To verify that you are enrolled correctly, you will see an orange "View Your Rewards Details" button on the page.
- REMEMBER, purchases will not count for our Mid-Cities Genealogical Society until after you've registered your card(s).
- Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377, select option 4 to get your Plus Card number.
- Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus Card or use their Alt ID (phone number) when shopping for each purchase to count.
You can confirm your enrollment by looking for "You are contributing to MID-CITIES GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY" at the bottom of your register receipt.
Fort Worth Heritage Tree Program
Speaker: Wes Culwell The Fort Worth Heritage tree program is operated by the Forestry Department of the City of Fort Worth. Trees are nominated by the citizens in the city of Fort Worth on a tree that they feel has ...