The Mid-Cities Genealogical Society was organized in June, 1978, and currently has more than 100 members, primarily from the communities of Hurst, Bedford, Euless and Irving, Texas. We are a non-profit, tax-exempt corporation and a member of the Texas State Genealogical Society and the Federation of Genealogical Societies.
Benefits of Membership:
In addition to our monthly meetings we conduct group research trips to local archives and libraries, one day seminars and occasional public help sessions. Members receive our monthly newsletter, access to handouts from our speakers, genealogical forms and reference sheets, links to instructional videos, and the ability to post to our surname research and brick wall assistance pages.
The Mid-Cities Genealogical Society meets the first Thursday of each month at the Mary Lib Saleh Euless Public Library, 201 N. Ector, Euless, Texas. Visitors are welcome.
6:30 p.m. – Social and Beginners' Workshop
7:00 p.m. – General Meeting
The meetings start with the introduction of new members and visitors and a short business session, followed by a speaker on a topic of genealogical or historical interest.
Cancellation of TxSGS Conference. The Texas State Genealogical Society has been notified by the conference hotel that their meeting space will not be ready in time for the conference scheduled for 20-22 October. Based on previous discussion of options, relocation to another hotel in Houston or to another Texas city is likely not feasible at this date and that the remaining option is to cancel for this year.
National Archives Fort Worth First Friday Workshops: The Social Media Manager Role in Today’s Society.
The October 2017 Federation of Genealogical Societies webinar will feature FGS Education Chair Jen Baldwin. What - exactly - is a social media manager and does your society need one? Learn some tricks of this growing professional area and how to convert that to assist your non-profit genealogy society. The webinar will be held on October 19, 2017, at 7:00 p.m. Central Time
, and will be recorded for viewing on the FGS website shortly after its conclusion. Please register in advance
National Archives Virtual Genealogy Fair.
Viewers can participate with the presenters and other family historians during the live event on Wednesday, October 25th via YouTube
. All of the session videos and handouts will be available from that web page free of charge. You can watch the sessions and download the materials at your convenience.
Are you going to miss the live broadcast? They have you covered! The video broadcasts and the presentation materials will continue to be available after the live event.
Hotel Reservations Now Open for 2018 Family History Conference. Reserve your hotels rooms
for the 40th NGS Family History Conference, 2-6 May 2018, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
The National Archives Fort Worth has published their schedule of first Friday workshops for 2017
. Check our Meetings & Events
tab for the complete list of dates and topics.
Kroger Community Rewards, Amazon Smile & Tom Thumb Good Neighbor Programs
Linking your Kroger Plus Card to the Mid-Cities Genealogical Society is a painless way that you can provide a financial benefit of a percentage of your purchases at Kroger stores to the Mid-Cities Genealogical Society.
Mid-Cities Genealogical Society
members can enroll their Kroger Plus Card online at: www.krogercommunityrewards.com
. Note you must re-enroll every year to participate.
Beginning in September, every time an enrolled participant shops at Kroger using his or her Kroger Plus Card, the Mid-Cities Genealogical Society will begin accumulating credits.
To participate in this program, follow these instructions:
- Register online at www.krogercommunityrewards.com
- Customers must have a registered Kroger Plus card account to link to Mid-Cities Genealogical Society.
- If you don't have a Kroger Plus Card, they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger store.
- If you are a new online customer, click on the “Create An Account” button.
- You can sign up for a Kroger Community Rewards account by entering your zip code, clicking on your favorite store, entering your email address, creating a password, and agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- You will get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
Already have a Kroger.com account?
- Click on the “Sign In” button and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on “Edit Kroger Community Rewards” information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter the Mid-Cities Genealogical Society Organization Number (90414) and click on the Confirm button.
- To verify that you are enrolled correctly, you will see an orange "View Your Rewards Details" button on the page.
- REMEMBER, purchases will not count for our Mid-Cities Genealogical Society until after you've registered your card(s).
- Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377, select option 4 to get your Plus Card number.
- Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus Card or use their Alt ID (phone number) when shopping for each purchase to count.
You can confirm your enrollment by looking for "You are contributing to MID-CITIES GENEALOGICAL SOCIETY" at the bottom of your register receipt.